Lemongrass is a fast-growing tropical grass native to Sri Lanka and India. It offers a mild, sweet, and lemony relaxing aroma. It is extracted through steam distillation of the leaves and woody stalks of the lemongrass plant.
Lemongrass essential oil has different properties (based on the type of oil) like being antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. It acts as a potent insect repellent. It also offers the soothing and signature aroma of the plant.
This oil has been prepared through the traditional technique of steam distillation which results in potent – therapeutic grade oil. No extra chemicals and colors have been used in this product.
- It can work as a strong insect repellent.
- It has the ability to clean dandruff from your hair.
- It can prevent colds and kill viruses when diffused into the air.
- It is used in aromatherapy due to its refreshing and appealing scent.
- It is also used as a bath oil to enhance the mood.
How to use
A drop of this lemongrass oil is extracted from more than 150 fresh long leaves therefore this is a very powerful and concentrated oil and hence should always be used under proper guidance. Doses of lemongrass oils vary for prevention and cure and also depend on the age, body constitution and health of the individual.
Topical: Add 3 to 4 drops of lemongrass oil in 15 ML of carrier oil (Coconut or Olive Oil) and use it for a massage after working out at the gym.
- This oil can be used on the skin after a proper cleanse every morning and evening to fill the skin pores with lemongrass oil. This helps in tightening the skin pores making the skin firm.
- Lemongrass is suitable for all skin types and all age groups.
- This oil can be used as a quick refreshing mist any time of the day.
Note – Take care of sensitive areas like the eyes and mouth to avoid a tingling sensation.
Aromatic: Add 4 to 6 drops of lemongrass oil in the diffuser up to 3 times a day to enjoy the refreshing aroma and remove the musky odours.
You can also add 10 to 12 drops of lemongrass oil in a bottle of distilled water to prepare a spray, which can be used on the curtains, carpet and furniture to spread a sweet aroma.
Caution-Everybody's skin is different. It is always a good practice to test an essential oil or any formulation of it on a small patch of skin before you apply it all over your face or body.
Where to diffuse
Add 4 to 6 drops of lemongrass oil in the diffuser up to 3 times a day in your home, office and yoga or gym area.
We can ship to all over India. Please call us on 08046162015 for remote areas delivery.
Aadhunik Ayurveda Vitals, Uttarakhand, India
Every effort is made to make sure that all information is accurate. However, actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information. It is recommended not to solely rely on the information presented.
Note - The actual results may vary from person to person.
Country of origin